The Greatest Showman 2017 Movie Info:-
The Greatest Showman 2017 American musical biographical drama film directed by Michael Gracey in his directorial debut, written by Jenny Bicks and Bill Condon and starring Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Michelle Williams, Rebecca Ferguson, and Zendaya.
Featuring nine original songs from Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, the film is inspired by the story of P. T. Barnum’s creation of Barnum’s American Museum and the lives of its star attractions.
Principal photography began in New York City in November 2016. The film premiered on December 8, 2017, aboard the RMS Queen Mary 2. It was released in the United States on December 20, 2017, by 20th Century Fox.
seven months after Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus ceased to exist, and grossed over $434 million worldwide, making it the fifth-highest grossing live-action musical of all time.
The received mixed reviews from critics, with praise for the performances, music, and production value, but criticism for its artistic license, with some reviewers calling it “faux-inspiring and shallow”. At the 75th Golden Globe Awards, the film received nominations for Best Motion Picture.
– Musical or Comedy and Best Actor – Musical or Comedy for Jackman. For the song “This Is Me”, the film won the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song and was nominated for Best Original Song at the 90th Academy Awards and won the Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards.
The Greatest Showman 2017 movie Plot:-
In the mid-19th century, P. T. Barnum and his troupe perform a show at the circus (“The Greatest Show (Part 1)”). As a child, Barnum and his tailor father Philo work for the Hallett family. He loves their daughter Charity who is being sent to finishing school.
The two keep in touch through letters (“A Million Dreams”), eventually marrying and raising two daughters, Caroline and Helen, in New York City. They live a humble life; though Charity is happy, Barnum craves more.
Barnum loses his job as a clerk at a shipping company after the company goes bankrupt, and returns home for Caroline’s birthday (“A Million Dreams (Reprise)”).
He takes out a loan from a bank, deceiving them into accepting his former employer’s lost ships as collateral. He uses this loan to set up Barnum’s American Museum in downtown Manhattan.
an attraction showcasing various wax models. Initially, sales are slow. On the suggestion of his children to showcase something “alive”, Barnum searches for “freaks” to serve as performers for his museum (“Come Alive”).
He gathers a large group of them including Lettie Lutz. This attracts a large audience despite protests and poor reviews from James Gordon Bennett, prompting Barnum to rename his venture “Barnum’s Circus”.
Searching for ways to further his reputation, Barnum meets playwright Phillip Carlyle and convinces him to join his venture (“The Other Side”). Carlyle is mesmerized by the African American trapeze artist Anne Wheeler, but he hides his feelings. During a trip, Carlyle arranges for Barnum and his troupe to meet Queen Victoria.
Afterward, Barnum convinces famed Swedish singer Jenny Lind to perform in America with him as her manager. Lind’s first American performance is a rousing success (“Never Enough”); during the song, Carlyle and Wheeler are spotted by Carlyle’s parents as they are holding hands.
As Barnum gains favor with the aristocratic patrons, he begins to distance himself from his troupe as he advises them to work on that night’s show. Dejected, they decide to stand against their local harassers (“This Is Me”).
The Greatest Showman 2017 Casting:-
- Hugh Jackman as P. T. Barnum
- Zac Efron as Phillip Carlyle
- Michelle Williams as Charity Hallett-Barnum
- Rebecca Ferguson as Jenny Lind
- Zendaya as Anne Wheeler
- Keala Settle as Lettie Lutz
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as W. D. Wheeler
- Natasha Liu Bordizzo as Deng Yan
- Paul Sparks as James Gordon Bennett
- Sam Humphrey as Charles Stratton
- Austyn Johnson as Caroline Barnum
- Cameron Seely as Helen Barnum
- Eric Anderson as Mr. O’Malley
- Daniel Everidge as The Lord of Leeds
- Radu Spinghel as Vasily “O’Clancy”
- Timothy Hughes as the Strongman
- Luciano Acuna Jr. as Walter
- Danial Son and Yusaku Komori as Chang and Eng Bunker
- Nick Jantz as Jeff Harris
- Kenneth Chan as the Human Cannonball
- Martha Nichols as Woman in Gold
- Jonathan Redavid as Frank Lentini
- Shannon Holtzapffel as Prince Constantine
- Jeremy Hudson as The Elephant-Skinned Man. More Information…
The Greatest Showman 2017 Production:-
During rehearsals for the 81st Academy Awards in 2009, producers Laurence Mark and Bill Condon compared host Jackman to Barnum. After Jackman expressed interest in a Barnum project, Mark and Condon approached Jenny Bicks, a writer for the ceremony.
She and Condon wrote The Greatest Showman. The project was first announced in 2009, with Jackman already set for the title role. In August 2011, Michael Gracey was chosen to direct. In 2013, Fox hired lyricists Pasek and Paul to write the songs.
On June 15, 2016, Zac Efron began negotiations to star in the film, and in July 2016, Michelle Williams was cast. The film was choreographed by Ashley Wallen.